- How much does the software cost?
- The Personal Stock Streamer software is currently available to you at no charge. Many of the features can be used without a data service subscription, but you will need a subscription in order to receive streaming quotes and charts. Starting with Personal Stock Streamer 9, you can get free streaming quotes through our select brokerage partners. For subscription services, prices depend on the particular data service and package you select.
- Which streaming data services can I use with Personal Stock Streamer?
- Currently we support streaming quotes through our select brokerage partners, plus DTN IQFeed. Each service has different features and benefits; please click the links for service details and pricing.
- We are always interested in adding more data services for all markets. If you represent a brokerage or streaming data service and would be interested in having your service added to Personal Stock Streamer, please contact us.
- How do I download the software?
- Visit the Download page and click on the Download link. Keep track of where you save the downloaded file, then double-click on it to start the installation. Follow the directions to complete the installation.
- How do I start the free trial?
- After you download and install the software, run Personal Stock Streamer and select a data service and complete the registration. Your trial will begin when you receive your registration confirmation.
- I can't log in/get quotes.
- If your network is otherwise operational, this usually comes down to a proxy or firewall configuration problem.
- If you have a personal firewall such as Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Interent Security, McAfee Internet Security Suite, or ZoneAlarm, that is able to control which programs have access to the Interent, this software may be blocking outgoing connections for Personal Stock Streamer. You will need to configure your firewall software to allow Personal Stock Streamer to access the Internet.
- If you have a proxy server, then you need to set the proxy settings under Options->Preferences->Proxy. Personal Stock Streamer does not support proxy auto-configuration scripts, so if you use one you will need to find the actual name or address of the proxy server as well as the HTTP and HTTPS proxy port information.
- If you do not have a proxy server, make sure that the proxy setting under Options->Preferences->Proxy is not set. Having this option set unnecessarily will prevent the software from accessing the Internet.
- How do I get quotes for index symbols and options?
There is an Option Chain command you can use to retrieve option tickers, or enter the option ticker directly by using the option ticker format as specified in the User's Guide (included with the software, under the Help menu).
- How do I get Canadian quotes, options quotes, futures quotes, commodities quotes?
- These are available from DTN IQFeed. Log into your account and sign the appropriate agreements, then you will be able to receive these quotes. Check the DTN IQFeed Symbol Guide for details on the ticker formats.